Gas Fitting Professionals Familiar with Fairhope, Mobile, and Fairhope
You probably don’t think a lot about your gas lines and what’s running through them. But you should give these supply lines some credit. Gas pipes are not only responsible for turning your gas stove on but can also be used for water heating, HVAC systems, fireplaces, and dryers. Without a functioning system of natural gas lines, you’d find modern living out of reach. But hooking up and repairing the involved equipment is dangerous and best left to a local gasfitting professional.
At Batchelor's, our plumbers are equipped and qualified to handle any gas line installation or repair. Working in the Mobile area since 1967, you can always count on us to deliver high quality work.
to schedule gasfitting service in Daphne or Mobile.
The Benefits of Natural Gas
If your home already uses electricity for heating or cooling, you might be wondering if the hassle of adding natural gas is worth it. Below are a few reasons we think every homeowner in Mobile should consider switching to or giving themselves natural gas access:
- No More Fuel Deliveries: If you have a propane tank, you know the anxiety and hassle that comes with filling it back up. By having natural gas piped in, all those worries go away.
- Quick Heating: Natural gas usually rests above 100°F (38°C). It also retains heat well and doesn’t require much to reach its desired temperature. This allows it to heat your home—or appliance—more quickly.
- Expanded Appliance Selection: Electric appliances are often cited as being weaker than their gas-burning counterparts. There are also some options only offered with gas appliances.
- Eco-Friendliness: If you’re concerned about the environment, natural gas is one of the cleanest fuels out there. The only things that beat it are geothermal and radiant heat.
If these things sound like just what your family needs, call Batchelor's Service to get a quote on natural gas hook-up in the Mobile area.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Now, there are a few downsides to natural gas. The largest amongst these—though something easily avoided with regular maintenance—is the risk of a gas leak. These unwanted hassles are dangerous and always need to be fixed by a professional gas pipe repair company. While the signs of a gas leak can be subtle, it can help to know them:
- Development of Physical Symptoms: When we inhale toxic gas fumes, our bodies sense the danger almost immediately. This leads to lightheadedness, nausea, and dizziness. If you experience a sudden onset of these symptoms—and other people in your home do as well—leave your home immediately. Then, call (251) 476-4321 to have one of Batchelor's's gasfitting professionals take a look.
- Malfunctioning Gas Appliances: If there’s a gas leak, you’ll likely notice an issue with connected appliances. For example, your gas water heater and gas stove may go out at the same time. Fortunately, reaching out to Mobile’s gas fitting specialists is all you need to get back to normal.
- Outrageous Gas Bills: A gas leak is often most noticeable in your monthly energy costs. Make sure to check your bills to ensure there’s no unexplained spikes.
- Dying Plants: Are your plants wilting and yellowing with no discernible cause? A damaged gas pipe or line may be to blame. Plants—like canaries—are highly sensitive to airborne toxins. A sudden change in their health is often a warning that something is wrong.
When it comes to plumbing issues, gas leaks are one of the most dangerous things you can face. So, don’t brush off these signs as happenstance. Take them seriously and reach out to a gasfitter familiar with the Mobile area as soon as possible.
Rely on Our Gas Fitting Experts to Handle Your Gas Line Repair
When your gas line becomes clogged or breaks, you should never try to DIY a fix. The gas inside these pipes is dangerous and best handled by someone with the proper safety equipment. After turning your gas off, our plumbers will inspect the line and fastenings for signs of damage. They’ll then make any necessary repairs before turning the gas back on. Because we know how important functioning gas lines are to modern living, we’ll work with you to find a time that fits you and your family’s schedule.
You Can Trust Us to Install a New Gas Line
The popularity of natural gas in Mobile has never been higher. If you’re looking to move an existing gas appliance or hook-up a new one, you’ll need a new pipe or line installed. Our skilled gasfitters are equipped to handle any natural gas installation including:
- Gas barbecues
- Gas Grills
- Furnace lines
- Water heaters
- Pool heaters
- Gas dryers
- Other gas appliances
What to Look for in a Gasfitter
When shopping for gasfitting services in Mobile, you’ll want to make doubly sure you’re hiring the right company. This is because the variety of gas appliances means an expert is required to troubleshoot and fix them. Building codes also regularly update and only a licensed gas fitting company truly understands the codes and bylaws.
So, before you hire a plumber for gas line service, make sure they:
- Have experience conducting safety code upgrades
- Can work with not only natural gas but also propane and pressure-based systems
- Have the expertise needed to handle almost any gas line repair
- Offer a variety of gas line installation and hook-up services
- Can install gas appliances, gas meters, and gas regulators
- Are qualified to perform leak detection
- Have a history of satisfying customers with 5-star service
Find Out Why Mobile Relies on Us for Gas Line Repair and Installation
If your holiday wish list includes a gas-powered grill and an 80-gallon water heater, you can think of us as Santa Claus. Our professional plumbers understand gas line requirements and are equipped to handle even the most complicated gas line repairs. When you call (251) 476-4321, feel free to bombard us with questions for appliance recommendation and gas installation risks. Proudly serving Mobile, Fairhope, and Daphne for 56 years, we’re the gas fitting expert you can trust.
To get your gas line installation or repair installed, reach out to us by phone or form. We look forward to adding your name to our family of happy customers.